Rules for TEAM LACBC’s RIDER DIVERSITY PROGRAM
This program is being administered by the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) to help select additional team members for the organization’s participation in Climate Ride California 2016. For information on LACBC, click here.
THE NOMINATION PROCESS
A person of any age may nominate someone to be a Team LACBC Diversity Rider. Riders themselves must be at least 18 years of age and fulfill all program requirements (as listed below) to receive their Diversity selection benefits.
NUMBER OF ENTRIES
Nominators may nominate as many potential riders as they like through valid, repeat submission of our Nomination Form at la-bike.org/climateridediversity. Spamming our form will not be tolerated under any circumstances!
Nominations must be received by March 31, 2016.
- By providing their personal information, Nominators agree to be contacted by LACBC or its representatives with respect to their nomination.
- Nominators also understand that Nominees may be contacted as necessary (using the information provided by the Nominator) throughout the judging process and for selection notification.
- Participants should not necessarily expect to be contacted. LACBC is not obligated to contact each Nominator or each Nominee.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- The program is open to adults, age 18 or over.
- Nominees must not already be registered for Climate Ride California 2016 at the time of nomination.
Selected participants will be chosen from among the Nominees submitted through our Nomination form at la-bike.org/climateridediversity and be selected by a panel of judges comprised of LACBC Staff and Board Members. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
1. Nominator's response to the prompt, "Tell us how your nominee for our Diversity Program might benefit from this life-changing experience."
2. Any possible follow-up communication LACBC or its representatives may have with the Nominator or Nominee. Note: contact will likely only occur in the event where some clarification is needed.
There will be at least two (2) selected participants chosen as "Diversity Riders" via the Nominating process (as described above).
Selected participants will be chosen by April 5, 2016, and notified within a few days of their selection.
Selected participants will receive the following:
• Free registration for Climate Ride California ($100 value)
• $2500.00 to be used to help fulfill the fundraising requirements for participation in Climate Ride California 2016. These funds will be sent directly to Climate Ride.
• Assistance in securing a bike and other equipment for the ride. This help will be of a consultative nature. However, there may also be material assistance given if sponsorship money or in-kind contributions become available for this purpose.
• Guidance in physically preparing for the event, including invitations to official team training rides.
• One-year Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition membership. ($50 value)
To collect their benefits, all selected participants must do the following:
1) Accept their selection as a Diversity Rider in writing via email or verbally via telephone within 5 days of notification.
2) Register for Climate Ride California 2016, May 22-26.
3) Comply with all rules and requirements of the Climate Ride. See www.climateride.org for more information.
4) Raise the minimum amount of $2800 required to participate in the Climate Ride. Note that cash benefit of $2500 will be counted toward this goal.
5) Transport themselves to the start of the ride in Fortuna, CA. Note: the following resources are available to assist with transportation:
- Carpooling to San Francisco is a common practice and will be promoted/facilitated by Team LACBC.
- Climate Ride arranges a shuttle from San Francisco to the start of the ride Fortuna. Diversity Riders will be given FREE PASSAGE on this shuttle.
6) Bring all necessary equipment required by Climate Ride. See www.climateride.org for more information.
7) Complete Climate Ride California 2016.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Selected Participants will be required to release the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC), LACBC’s staff and board members, Team LACBC sponsors, Diversity Program sponsors, Marc Horwitz (consultant), Greg Laemmle (team co-captain), and Nora Hipolito (team co-captain) from any liability arising from any aspect of being selected as a "Diversity Rider" including participation in Climate Ride California 2016.
Click here for additional rules.