LACBC seeks talented and motivated individuals for our internships. Please view full position descriptions and application information below.
The Education Department seeks an intern for 5-10 hours of work per week to assist with Operation Firefly project management. This includes: preparation of materials, location scouting, data collection and management, follow-up email production and dissemination, and survey maintenance. Help with details for education classes, including: drafting of event descriptions, marketing events on social media, community partners, local chapters, or Metro BEST ambassadors, compilinig registrations, and working with registrants before and after classes. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in bicycle transportation issues, be proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office, and have a working knowledge of Facebook, Flickr, Twitter and Eventbrite platforms. Excellent written and oral communication skills, Spanish language competency, and proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus.
Internships are available on an ongoing basis.
To apply, please send a resumé and cover letter to Colin Bogart at firstname.lastname@example.org
POLICY AND OUTREACH INTERN
LACBC accepts up to 7 policy and outreach interns each semester to assist the Planning Department with campaigns, outreach and research. Duties may include survey development, production of outreach materials, field audits of transportation facilities and GIS mapping. This position is flexible, with 5-10 hours per week required. Some evening and weekend events required.
- Attend appropriate transportation, bicycle and urban planning related meetings
- Synthesize best practices and conduct original research
- Generate content for LACBC communications
- Engage community stakeholders through surveys and event participation
- General clerical work
- Volunteer coordination
- Experience with, but not limited to, Political Science, Urban Planning, Public Policy, or Sociology
- Genuine interest in bicycle transportation issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of GIS, SPSS or graphics software (Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark, In-Design) a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is desirable
Internships are available each fall and spring semester, and over the summer. To apply, please send a resumé and cover letter to Lyndsey Nolan at email@example.com by the following dates:
- Spring (January through May): December 20th
- Summer (May/June through August/September): May 6th
- Fall (September through December): August 20th