Who are the LACBC Ride Marshals?
- They come from all walks of life and are all ages.
- These strong individuals are very much in tune with their bicycles.
- They are capable of riding for at least 20 miles and sometimes for as long as 100 miles.
- They possess the ability to help themselves and others in the event of a mechanical malfunction or a flat tire.
- They understand dehydration, fatigue, and how they can affect bicycle riders, plus they know what to do to help them.
- They are great at what they do because they practice.
- They perform crowd control and use their communication skills to be shepherds, and they guide every rider safely from the beginning of the ride to the end.
- Their volunteerism earns them the LACBC membership and these proud members are making L.A. County a healthy, safe, and fun place to ride a bicycle for everyone.
- They are your friends often volunteering for events like Sunday Funday rides and the Los Angeles River Ride where the LACBC ride Ride Marshal team was born.
Click your preferred location and date to RSVP!
L. A. River Ride
Our biggest event our the year is coming back on Sunday, June 4th for its 17th edition and we expect for this to be even larger than ever before.
After taking a year off, we are adding back our Long Beach start on top of Griffith Park, so we are going to need a large crew of marshals to accommodate all these extra riders.
Everyone who marshals gets a free membership, food, t-shirt and L.A. River Ride registration which you can transfer to another rider.
You can REGISTER HERE for the ride and one of our two orientation dates (Saturday, May 13 or Saturday, May 20th) which is mandatory this year. If you know anyone else that is interested in joining our crew for the first time, we are also looking for new marshals to join our team.
Sign up early, because we've moved up our schedules for the L.A. River Ride this year.