Who are the LACBC Ride Marshals?
- They come from all walks of life and are all ages.
- These strong individuals are very much in tune with their bicycles.
- They are capable of riding for at least 20 miles and sometimes for as long as 100 miles.
- They possess the ability to help themselves and others in the event of a mechanical malfunction or a flat tire.
- They understand dehydration, fatigue, and how they can affect bicycle riders, plus they know what to do to help them.
- They are great at what they do because they practice.
- They perform crowd control and use their communication skills to be shepherds, and they guide every rider safely from the beginning of the ride to the end.
- Their volunteerism earns them the LACBC membership and these proud members are making L.A. County a healthy, safe, and fun place to ride a bicycle for everyone.
- They are your friends often volunteering for events like Sunday Funday rides and the Los Angeles River Ride where the LACBC ride Ride Marshal team was born.
Click your preferred location and date to RSVP!
Help us for this 18 mile scenic Sunday morning ride to the world famous Port of Los Angeles. The ride will start in South Carson at Carriage Crest Park then continue south through Wilmington into San Pedro.
Along the way we will ride through the new Waterfront Park and around the Port of L.A. then on to Ports O'Call. There we'll see the Battleship USS Iowa, the World War II cargo ship the S.S. Lane Victory and the American Merchant Marine Memorial Wall.
The ride will continue on to the beautiful Cabrillo Marina where we'll stop by the CRAFTED (Handmade items) andBrouwerij West (Brewery West) and head on back to Carriage Crest Park. There will be a few stops coming and going for water and snacks.
Meet at 9:30 a.m. Roll at 10:00!