Who are the LACBC Ride Marshals?
- They come from all walks of life and are all ages.
- These strong individuals are very much in tune with their bicycles.
- They are capable of riding for at least 20 miles and sometimes for as long as 100 miles.
- They possess the ability to help themselves and others in the event of a mechanical malfunction or a flat tire.
- They understand dehydration, fatigue, and how they can affect bicycle riders, plus they know what to do to help them.
- They are great at what they do because they practice.
- They perform crowd control and use their communication skills to be shepherds, and they guide every rider safely from the beginning of the ride to the end.
- Their volunteerism earns them the LACBC membership and these proud members are making L.A. County a healthy, safe, and fun place to ride a bicycle for everyone.
- They are your friends often volunteering for events like Sunday Funday rides and the Los Angeles River Ride where the LACBC ride Ride Marshal team was born.