Who are the LACBC Ride Marshals?
- They come from all walks of life and are all ages.
- These strong individuals are very much in tune with their bicycles.
- They are capable of riding for at least 20 miles and sometimes for as long as 100 miles.
- They possess the ability to help themselves and others in the event of a mechanical malfunction or a flat tire.
- They understand dehydration, fatigue, and how they can affect bicycle riders, plus they know what to do to help them.
- They are great at what they do because they practice.
- They perform crowd control and use their communication skills to be shepherds, and they guide every rider safely from the beginning of the ride to the end.
- Their volunteerism earns them the LACBC membership and these proud members are making L.A. County a healthy, safe, and fun place to ride a bicycle for everyone.
- They are your friends often volunteering for events like Sunday Funday rides and the Los Angeles River Ride where the LACBC ride Ride Marshal team was born.
Click your preferred location and date to RSVP!
Spring is here and we're excited to partner with The Crafty Pedal this month! Join us as we explore and celebrate local art in our own backyard!Our friends at The Crafty Pedal will provide complimentary donuts & organic coffee, free basic bike tune ups. There will also be free silk screening at the shop!Ride Mileage: 12.5 milesDifficulty: Easy-ModerateParking: There are lots nearby the Metro Stop.
LA City Council Member Bob Blumenfield's 4th Annual Bike with Bob ride has postponed due to rain this coming Sunday, February 26th. We will update with details as they come available.
LACBC is working with the City of Cudahy to lead a short ride to address food insecurity. See the details below:
The “Bridge the Meal Gap” Community Bike Ride was inspired by the “Map the Meal Gap” report published in July 2015 by Feeding America, a nationwide network of food banks. It speaks to the issue of “food insecurity”, meaning that many heads of households struggle to make ends meet and adequately feed their families, often times making the difficult choice to either buy food or pay bills. We want to make sure that individuals and families receive the help they need to “bridge the meal gap” with CalFresh so no man, woman or child goes hungry in Los Angeles County.