Thank you so much for attending the 17th Annual L.A. River Ride! Over 1,500 riders of all ages and 300 volunteers participated in the L.A. River Ride this year. We hope you had a great time with your friends and family. It’s been already two weeks since the event and we wanted to catch up with you on a few things.
You’re now a proud member of LACBC!
(Or your membership is renewed!)
Did you know that your registration comes with a 1-year LACBC membership? You’re now an LACBC member! Or your annual membership has been renewed as of June 4th if you were already a member, which means your new 1 year membership will begin at June 5th, 2017.
LACBC is a membership-based organization and we rely on your support to make Los Angeles County a better place to bike. Your membership benefit includes:
- A team of bike advocates working for you
- Being a part of the bike movement
- Discounts with our participating business partners
- Discounts on rides, workshops, and special events
- Invitations to members-only rides and events, such as Sunday Funday rides on every First Sunday!
- Representation at the local level through our local chapters, which you can join at no extra cost
- Representation at the state level through our affiliate partner at CalBike.
- Weekly newsletters delivered to you every Thursday that includes bike events, education programs, advocacy news, and more on #BikeLA
**If you recently got an email from us saying that your membership has expired, we apologize for the mix up. We’re in the process of updating our membership rolls with River Ride registrations.. You’ll be getting a membership card and a membership packet from us early July so look out for your mail! Thank you for your patience and welcome to the LACBC family!
See photos from #LARiverRide:
Are you excited to check out professional photos from the event? Serena from Serena Grace Photo (Autry) and Alan Crawford from AC Digital Media (Long Beach) took really great photos of you at our two hubs. Check out their photos and tag yourself on this Facebook Album.
PhotoCrazy also took photos of you on the L.A. River Path at the Fletcher Ave, about 3 miles from the Start/Finish at Griffith Park. You can purchase high resolution photos from their website here. Thank you PhotoCrazy.com for awesome photos!
We <3 seeing your photos #LARiverRide!
We put together a Storify board that shows all the social love from you guys! If you have posted your photos or stories on Instagram or Twitter with #LARiverRide, you’ll see them on the board. Check out what riders loved about #LARiverRide and share yours with a hashtag#LARiverRide and #LACBC! We would still love to see more photos from you!
So you’ve done the LA River Ride. Let’s keep in touch!
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @lacbc
- Come to the next Sunday Funday Ride: Tour of the Westside on July 2nd! We will be touring the Westside while also taking a look at the safety improvements in Playa del Rey and Mar Vista. The ride will also feature a stop in Venice along the vibrant Abbot Kinney commercial district. RSVP here!
- Look out for LACBC Newsletters every Thursday! Our newsletters have the most updated information about biking in Los Angeles County, events, our education programs, and advocacy news.
- Passionate about making your community a better place to bike? Sign up to be our Neighborhood Bike Ambassadors (City of Los Angeles) or join one of our 13 local chapters in your area.
- Volunteer with LACBC! We are always looking for volunteers who can help various events and programs. If you’re interested in volunteering, please sign up here!
Donate to LACBC or come back next year for another #LARiverRide!
Show your LACBC pride! #RepLA
Show your pride for LACBC by wearing our kit. Our ordering period ends Sunday, July 2nd, so get yours for summer now.
Big thank you to our sponsors!
We couldn’t have made this #LARiverRide without our sponsors and vendors. They also made our hubs so much fun! Thank you so much for supporting the LA River Ride and LACBC! Check out highlights from the two hubs!