BIKE MONTH: Bicycling 101 - Navigating Union Station – Online Class
Time & Location
About the Event
Are you interested in learning more about the different transit systems that connect through LA’s landmark Union Station and how to navigate through the regional transit hub with your bike? The BEST Bicycling 101: Navigating Union Station class presented by Metro , Metrolink, and LA County Bicycle Coalition is a 1-hour off-bike session (via Zoom) that will help teach riders how best to navigate the various transit options at the regional hub that is Union Station. Learn about how to transition between Metro Rail trains, Metro local and rapid transit buses, and Metrolink's regional rail network. Additionally, we'll share tips about how to make your trip easier, safer, and more efficient.
Attendees are encouraged to participate from the comfort and safety of your own homes while we are all doing our part to practice social distancing and stay connected to one another.
Participants who complete a class feedback survey will be mailed a FREE pre-loaded TAP card and additional Metro-branded goodies (shipping limited to addresses in LA County).
Class size is limited. Pre-registration is required to guarantee a minimum number of participants. Register now to guarantee your spot! Once you are registered, we will send you a confirmation email and more info on how to join the class online.
Consider signing up for these other online classes:
- Bike Maintenance: Cleaning Your Bike (March 17)
- Bicycling 101: Bike Fit (March 20)
- Bicycling 101: Rules of the Road for Night Riding (March 23)
- Bike Maintenance: Flat Repair (March 27)
- Bicycling 101: Shifting Gears (March 28)
- Bike Maintenance: Brake Adjustments (March 31)
- Bicycling 101: Rules of the Road (April 1)
- Bicycling 101: Rules of the Road for Night Riding (April 13)
- Bicycling 101: Biking and Public Transit Safety (April 17)
- Bike Maintenance: Fix-A-Flat (April 22)
- Bicycling 101: Making Use of Public Transit Bike Infrastructure (June 16)
Who Should Sign-Up:
If you know how to ride a bike, but may be uncomfortable using a bike for everyday travel or recreation.
What You’ll Learn:
- What I Need to Bike: Helmet Fit / Lights / Locks
- Things to Know Before Hitting the Streets: ABC Quick Check / Route Planning / Bike Parking / Bike Infrastructure
- Navigating Union Station: Traveling on Metro and Metrolink Systems / Union Station Amenities
- Bike Services / Events Offered by Metro and Metrolink
Metro's Bicycle Education Safety Training (BEST) Program currently offers bike classes at 4 different levels—Bicycling 101 and Bike 1, 2, & 3. The Bicycling 101 off-bike presentation is offered to organizations, businesses, and public agencies to provide a brief overview of bike basics. After this class, participants are encouraged to seek out additional BEST classes with on-bike instruction when they become available.
If you are interested in taking classes at the next level or joining a community bike ride, check out the full event calendar. For more info on how to ride a bike in LA County, visit metro.net/gobike.
The Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) is a membership-based nonprofit organization that works to make all communities in LA County healthy, safe, and fun places to ride a bike through advocacy, education, and outreach.
Metrolink is Southern California's premier regional passenger rail system serving over 55 stations across the region. Metrolink is proud to serve as the LINK between six Southern California counties with safe, seamless and reliable transportation and connectivity. By reducing 9.2 million car trips annually, Metrolink has proven to be an effective solution, taking pressure off freeways and reducing gridlock.