Time & Location
Jan 10, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
About the event
With so many options out there, it can feel overwhelming when trying to choose the right bike. The BEST Bicycling 101: Choosing the Right Bike, presented by Metro and LA County Bicycle Coalition is a 1.5-hour virtual session (via Zoom) to review how to make sure that you end up on the right type of bike for your riding needs. Come ready with questions and you will leave more confident in knowing which bike is right for you.
Participants who complete a class feedback survey will be mailed a FREE pre-loaded TAP card and additional Metro-branded goodies (shipping limited to addresses in LA County).
Attendees are encouraged to participate from the comfort and safety of your own homes while we are all doing our part to practice social distancing while staying connected to one another. Once you are registered, we will be sending you information on how to join the class online.
Class size is limited. Pre-registration is required to guarantee a minimum number of participants. Register now to guarantee your spot!
Check out these other class options:
Virtual Classes (English)
- Bicycling 101: Commuting to School and Work - Wednesday, January 5
- Bicycling 101: Choosing the Right Bike – Monday, January 10
- Bike Maintenance: Cleaning Your Bike - Wednesday, January 12
- BEST Ride: Remembering Dr. King in LA (Expo Park) - Monday, January 17
- BEST Ride: DTLA Landmarks (USC to Staples Center ) - Saturday, January 22
Who Should Sign-Up:
If you know how to ride a bike and interested in learning how to choose the right bike to fit your needs.
What You’ll Learn:
- Choosing the Right Bike: Bike Types / Bike Fit
- Riding Needs: Commuting / Recreational / Carrying Cargo
- Bike Services / Online Events Offered by Metro and LACBC: Upcoming Events / Promotions and Campaigns / Resources
Metro's Bicycle Education Safety Training (BEST) Program currently offers bike classes at 4 different levels—Bicycling 101 and 1, 2, 3. If you are interested in taking classes at the next level or joining a community bike ride, check out the full event calendar. For more info on how to ride a bike in LA County, visit metro.net/gobike.
If you are interested in taking classes at the next level or joining a community bike ride, check out the full event calendar. For more info on how to ride a bike in LA County, visit metro.net/gobike.
The Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) is a membership-based nonprofit organization that works to make all communities in LA County healthy, safe, and fun places to ride a bike through advocacy, education, and outreach.