Bicycling 101: Commuting to School and Work - Online Video Class
Time & Location
About the event
Want to ride to school or work but unsure how to plan a safe route? The BEST Bicycling 101: Commuting to School and Work class, presented by Metro and LA County Bicycle Coalition is a 1.5-hour virtual session (via Zoom) designed to gain the tools to develop safe routes to school and work, safely ride urban streets during peak hours, and tips on what to wear for bike commuting.
Participants who complete a class feedback survey will be mailed a FREE pre-loaded TAP card and additional Metro-branded goodies (shipping limited to addresses in LA County).
Attendees are encouraged to participate from the comfort and safety of your own homes while we are all doing our part to practice social distancing while staying connected to one another. Once you are registered, we will be sending you information on how to join the class online.
Class size is limited. Pre-registration is required to guarantee a minimum number of participants. Register now to guarantee your spot! Once you are registered, we will send you a confirmation email and more info on how to join the class online.
Check out these other class options:
Virtual Classes (English)
- Bicycling 101: Commuting to School and Work - Wednesday, January 5
- Bicycling 101: Choosing the Right Bike – Monday, January 10
- Bike Maintenance: Cleaning Your Bike - Wednesday, January 12
- BEST Ride: Remembering Dr. King in LA (Expo Park) - Monday, January 17
- BEST Ride: DTLA Landmarks (USC to Staples Center ) - Saturday, January 22
Who Should Sign-Up:
If you know how to ride a bike, but may be uncomfortable using a bike for everyday travel or recreation. This class covers bike safety basics and route planning with an engaging and interactive presentation.
What You’ll Learn:
- What I Need to Bike: ABC Quick Check / Helmet Fit / Lights / Locks
- Route Planning: Overview of Planning Safe Routes / Phone Apps and Other Resources
- Biking on City Streets: Rules of the Road / Navigating Common Hazards / Bikes and Transit
- Bike Services / Online Events Offered by Metro and LACBC: Upcoming Events / Promotions and Campaigns / Resources
Metro's Bicycle Education Safety Training (BEST) Program currently offers bike classes at 4 different levels—Bicycling 101 and 1, 2, 3. If you are interested in taking classes at the next level or joining a community bike ride, check out the full event calendar. For more info on how to ride a bike in LA County, visit metro.net/gobike.
If you are interested in taking classes at the next level or joining a community bike ride, check out the full event calendar. For more info on how to ride a bike in LA County, visit metro.net/gobike.
The Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) is a membership-based nonprofit organization that works to make all communities in LA County healthy, safe, and fun places to ride a bike through advocacy, education, and outreach.