Thu, Nov 18|
Bicycling 101: Overnight Bike Camping - Online Video Class
Learn best practices to safely prepare for overnight bike camping.
Time & Location
Nov 18, 2021, 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM
About the event
Interested in overnight bike camping but don't know where to start? The BEST Bicycling 101: Overnight Bike Camping class, presented by Metro and LA County Bicycle Coalition is a 1.5-hour virtual session (via Zoom) to learn how to plan for a fun and safe trip. This class is great for those with camping with children and looking for ways to incorporate biking.
Participants who complete a class feedback survey will be mailed a FREE pre-loaded TAP card and additional Metro-branded goodies (shipping limited to addresses in LA County).
Attendees are encouraged to participate from the comfort and safety of your own homes while we are all doing our part to practice social distancing while staying connected to one another. Once you are registered, we will be sending you information on how to join the class online.
Class size is limited. Pre-registration is required to guarantee a minimum number of participants. Register now to guarantee your spot! Once you are registered, we will send you a confirmation email and more info on how to join the class online.
Check out these other class options:
Virtual Classes (English)
- Bicycling 101: Rules of the Road - Tuesday, November 9
- Bicycling 101: Route Planning - Thursday, November 11
- Bike Maintenance: Flat Repair – Friday, November 12
- Bike Maintenance: Fix-A-Flat - Tuesday, November 16
- Bike Maintenance: Emergency Tools to Carry - Wednesday, November 17
- Bicycling 101: Overnight Bike Camping - Thursday, November 18
- Bike Maintenance: Basic Safety Check - Friday, November 19
- Bicycling 101: Rules of the Road – Tuesday, November 30
- BEST Ride: Pumpkin Patch Palooza (Leimert Park to Shawn’s Pumpkin Patch) - Saturday, November 6
- BEST Ride: Expo Park to Kenneth Hahn Park - Saturday, November 20
- BEST Ride: Maywood Riverfront Park to South Gate Park - Saturday, December 11
Who Should Sign-Up:
If you know how to ride a bike, but may be uncomfortable using a bike for everyday travel or recreation. This class covers bike safety basics and safety tips for overnight bike camping with an engaging and interactive presentation.
What You’ll Learn:
- Overview of Bike Camping
- Gear to Purchase / Types of Bikes
- Family-Friendly Places for Bike Camping
- Taking Metro, Amtrak, and Metrolink to Camping Sites
- Bike Services / Online Events Offered by Metro and LACBC
This event is made possible by Metro Los Angeles and LACBC.
Metro's Bicycle Education Safety Training (BEST) Program currently offers bike classes at 4 different levels—Bicycling 101 and 1, 2, 3. If you are interested in taking classes at the next level or joining a community bike ride, check out the full event calendar. For more info on how to ride a bike in LA County, visit metro.net/gobike.
The Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) is a membership-based nonprofit organization that works to make all communities in LA County healthy, safe, and fun places to ride a bike through advocacy, education, and outreach.